There is very little discussion on ethics in the blogging world. So I was very happy to find this post of Jan. 31 by Rebecca Blood, who, besides a great description of the subject, proposes the following six rules to form a basis of ethical behavior for online publishers:
1. Publish as fact only what you believe is true
2. If material exists online, link to it when you reference it
3. Publicly correct any misinformation
4. Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not rewrite or delete, any entry
5. Disclose any conflict of interest
6. Note questionable and biased sources.